ICSs have been “born in a storm” of economic and political instability
Integrated Care Systems now exist in law. But what does that mean for drug and alcohol treatment and recovery services, the public health commissioners in local government who fund them or the people who they support?
- Is this just another health reform that won’t have much impact on us?
- Can charity providers thrive in the new environment?
- How are ICS reforms actually unfolding at the local level?
In a webinar chaired by our Director Oliver Standing, an expert panel shared its thoughts, reflections and debate on this fascinating topic:
- Zoe Rice, Transformation manager for population health management (NHS Bristol, North Somerset & South Glos. ICB) (download Zoe’s presentation)
- Kevin Crowley, Health policy consultant and previously Executive Director (CGL) (download Kevin’s presentation)
- Anna Charles, Senior advisor (The King’s Fund) (download Anna’s presentation)
Read our submission The Advisory Council on the Misuse of Drugs (ACMD) has issued a call for evidence around drug use in ethnic minority groups.
National Audit Office report highlights need to build upon the Drug Strategy and develop a long term, funded plan for full delivery.
Read the report “The government will only achieve value for money if it builds on the initial momentum of the new strategy and develops a