In collaboration with Adfam, Bristol Drug Project, Catch22 and the NHS Substance Misuse Provider Alliance, Collective Voice will be hosting a series of roundtable discussions with key government officials for Commissioners and Service Providers in London and Leeds in September and October.
These roundtables will provide an opportunity for the entire sector to discuss at firsthand with key Whitehall players from the Home Office and PHE:
- The new Government’s approach to alcohol and drugs, including the development of a new Drug Strategy.
- Developing and emerging trends.
- The implementation challenges of delivering the key role assigned to drug and alcohol treatment in the Government’s Modern Crime Prevention Strategy published in March.
- The structural and financial challenges the sector faces, and potential solutions.
The events will be themed to enable sufficient focus on distinct areas of activity.
The London events will be:
- COMMISSIONING – 7 September
- ADULT SERVICES – 16 September
Both events will be from 11.00 to 15.00 with lunch at:
Blenheim Central Office, Cantilever Court, 212 Wandsworth Road, London SW8 2JU Map
- YP SERVICES – 19 September
From 14.00 to 16.00 with lunch available before the meeting at:
Catch 22, 27 Pear Tree Street, London EC1V 3AG
The date and venue for the Leeds Adult provider event in early October will be announced shortly.
Places at these events will be limited to one person per organisation. To reserve your place please contact:
t: 020 7234 9756
Read our submission The Advisory Council on the Misuse of Drugs (ACMD) has issued a call for evidence around drug use in ethnic minority groups.
National Audit Office report highlights need to build upon the Drug Strategy and develop a long term, funded plan for full delivery.
Read the report “The government will only achieve value for money if it builds on the initial momentum of the new strategy and develops a